Friday, May 06, 2005

link-o-matic
while ignoring the daily grind of life here at lifeway i stumbled across a couple of links that i thought you might enjoy.

the first is metacritic. this site provides a fairly comprehensive overview of the recent reviews for books, movies and dvds. i have a sneaking suspicion that uncle cade would give it his stamp of approval.

the second is montage-a-google. this engine creates montages of google images. thus you can type in a search term like cardinals, salinger or feces and it will automatically create a montage. i trust that you will use this resource for good instead of evil.

the third is not so much a link as it is an encouragement to click on the thomas kinkade link in my previous post. doing so will not drop you into john malkovich's head or anything, but it will provide you with a little bit of fun.

do enjoy these links, dear readers.

7 comments:

cade said...

stamp. indeed.

kidpositive said...

i tried the montage-a-google on "red sox" and ended up with this picture in the mix.

Anonymous said...

Jeff-
For some reason I thought you worked for CBD. Did I miss something along the way? Michael of TN

g13 said...

yeah, i moved to lifeway a little while ago. there's more comedic potential over here.

Anonymous said...

Jeff-
Definitely much more comedic potential. I worked for Lifeway (back when it was the BSSB) as a temporary employee in the accounts receivable department.

I saw how "family friendly" the "company" was. Its hard to take the SBC seriously on all their "family" rhetoric when one of their agencies didn't really seem to care about their workers' families. Okay enough SBC embitterment for today. Michael of TN

Anonymous said...

Jeff - My apologies if I disparaged your employer too much in my last comment. Maybe a case of writing w/o thinking (usually its speaking w/o thinking for me). Michael of TN

g13 said...

don't worry about it michael. just between you and me...they don't actually issue my paychecks, but i can't resist taking a few shots (and saving myself from possible reprimand at another consumer-driven christian company;)