Friday, March 10, 2006

while sorting invoices

Ken greets the dawn stocking groceries
John fuels his retirement by pumping gas
Joe applies his degrees by picking weeds
But I’m still bitching about grinding it out on my ass

I preach to myself about solidarity
I long to identify with my fellow man
But slaking the suburban thirst for novelty
Appears to be more than I can stand

Holy God, do not let me languish in this desert of ideals
Lord Jesus, lead me down the road of incarnation
Holy Spirit, teach me to love those who share my station

6 comments:

jason said...

Thanks for the good words. I have bemoaning my success acheiving a career taking messages. I needed the reminder of who image i bear and incarnate to those i live and walk among

Agent B said...

Those last 3 lines...I've prayed that prayer once. He answered me. It got me to where I am today.

In the world's eyes, risks were involved in order to get "here". But screw the world. It was worth it.

Anonymous said...

how can one use profanity, twice, and then profess the name of God in an honest and true way in the same thought? the english language possess so many more beautiful ways to allow expression than those words of vulgarity chosen by the author.

g13 said...

life is full of such paradoxes anonymous. may God bless you as you try to unravel them.

Agent B said...

why must self righteousness be cloaked in anonimity?

Is it a way of hiding sin?

Agent B said...

...and of course...the word I was trying to spell was "anonymity". Thus...the reason I coasted through HS english w/ Bs & Cs.