this and that
for the past week the sinners and saints community had the privilege of hosting a week of e group from lcc. for an entire week josh jackaway and his friends tyler and knox served with beverly bootstraps, slept on our floors, played halo into the wee hours of the night and connected with members of our community. highlights of their visit included:
* teaching knox how to give and receive a “high five”
* tyler leading our community’s discussion of Luke 16…er, I mean, Luke 17
hearing about the hilarious exploits and overwhelming trials of deion – the boys’ imaginary best friend
* talking at length with josh and tyler about our dreams and intentions of serving God
* watching josh and tyler compete for the coveted title of “world’s most whipped man.”
* i particularly enjoyed whipping all three of their asses at halo on a daily basis
several weeks ago I met ben d10, a good friend of jon wise, who just so happens to lead a home church community in the atlanta area. i am incredibly excited about connecting with ben and his community and am looking forward to partnering with them as together we seek to incarnate the gospel of Jesus Christ and apply His teachings to everyday life. if you’re interested in intriguing theological reflection, constant dialog and/or finite element engineering, be sure to check out ben’s blog.
if you live in the boston area, try to stop by sinners and saints’ fourth annual saint patrick’s day party. our little shindig will be kicking off around 7 p.m. at kellie and i’s place (e-mail me for directions). holli-brooke and I would like to make this our first official home church keg party, but something tells me that our fellow home church leaders will never let that happen. probably for good reason...
that’s all for now. have a week.
A Poem for National Poetry Day
3 weeks ago