Friday, January 02, 2009

musing...

on last year's long road home kellie and i tried to listen to joan didion's the year of magical thinking. i tried to listen to it anyway, i think kellie slept.

since the introductory chapters of the book are nothing short of morose the book didn't make for great road reading and somewhere between amarillo and mclean i turned it off.

however, before i clicked it didion remarked how her husband, who was also an author, often said something like "note taking is what distinguishes a writer, from a non-writer."

while i'm not a writer - though i'd be lying if i denied that in my more grandiose dreams i fancy myself one - i'm going to do my damndest to take better notes this year. even if it doesn't help my writing Lord knows it won't hurt my preaching.

No comments: